Spring is here! 🌸 This year I’m building a capsule wardrobe for every season. And I’m so excited about this one, because Spring is one of my favorite seasons. Are you in need of a Spring capsule wardrobe too? I created a list of classic and timeless Spring essentials you need in your capsule wardrobe. So, grab your iced latte and get ready to update your wardrobe for the new season.
💡 Tip: the first step of building a capsule wardrobe you’ll love is taking a good look at your current wardrobe. Haven’t done that yet? Then jump on over to my previous blog post on how to do a closet detox. But don’t forget to come back after to discover this season’s capsule wardrobe essentials.
For me, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of classic and timeless pieces that I can wear year after year. They are the staples I need to create beautiful outfits. I tend to stay within a color palette, so all the items easily mix and match. That doesn’t mean I don’t wear any color or have trend pieces in my collection, because I do. The items in my capsule wardrobe are the classic pieces that never go out of style and are the base of my outfits.
💡 Tip: if you’ve already created a capsule wardrobe for another season, look at the pieces you already own. There probably are some items that you can also wear this season, like white sneakers or a black belt.
Coats & Blazers
Even in Spring, coats and blazers are essentials pieces. They are a great way to elevate your outfit and keep you warm on chiller days. And if you choose a classic fit, they will look gorgeous year after year and never go out of style. Which is exactly what you want when building a capsule wardrobe!
- Beige 100% Linen Blazer by Zara
- Nude Double-Breasted Suit Blazer by Mango
- White Oversized Wide Collar Wool Coat by And Other Stories
- Beige Relaxed Mid-Length Trench Coat by And Other Stories
Knitwear & Tops
As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to swap out heavy knitwear for lighter options. Because Spring in Belgium can still be chilly, I still like to wear sweaters. I do opt for natural colors and lighter fabrics to make it fit the new season more. I also love oversized poplin shirts for Spring. They are such timeless and classic pieces that will look good every year.
- Striped Poplin Shirt by Zara
- White Long Sleeve Oversized Shirt by COS
- White The Clean Cut Shirt by COS
- Striped Knit Sweater by Zara
I’m loving the wide pants trend, and I can’t believe I ever wore skinny jeans. A straight leg or wide leg have become my go-to style for trousers and jeans. I love tailored trousers and wear them a lot, so of course they had to be included in my spring capsule wardrobe.
- White Flare Jeans by Zara
- High Rise 90s Medium Blue Relaxed Jeans by Abercrombie
- Beige Tailored Wide Leg Pants by Abercrombie
- Black Ankle-Length Jeans by COS
While I’m a sneaker girl on the daily, I can’t resist switching to a pair of ballet flats as soon as the weather warms up. They’ve officially made a comeback this year, and I’m so here for it! Another good addition to your Spring capsule wardrobe are slingbacks and heeled sandals. I have my eye on the ones from And Other Stories and Alohas. They can be worn casual, but can also elevate your look and make it more dressy.
- White and Beige V-10 Sneakers by Veja
- Black Rosario Ballerinas by Pretty Ballerinas
- Vanilla Block Heel Slingback Pumps by And Other Stories
- Lorena Black Heeled Sandals by Alohas
Last but not least, the accessories. Don’t underestimate the power of good accessories! They can elevate any outfit and add that extra touch that will complete the look. I added two handbags to this season’s capsule wardrobe, because as a handbag girlie I just can’t live with only one option.
- Black and Brown Squared Buckle Belt by NA-KD
- Le Pliage Original Small Totebag in Paper by Longchamp
- Black Mini Gabine Saddle Bag by Charles & Keith
- Black Angular Cat Eye Sunglasses by And Other Stories
- Beige Tortoise Butterfly Claw Clip by And Other Stories
- Gold Chunky Oval Hoop Earrings by And Other Stories
How to wear this Spring capsule wardrobe?
Okay, now I’ve created a Spring capsule wardrobe, it’s time to style some outfits. I see a capsule wardrobe as a collection of essentials that you can easily mix and match to create timeless outfits. And of course, you can add in some fun trend pieces and colorful items to change things up even more. To give you some inspiration, I’ve created four looks using only the pieces I mentioned above.
What’s a staple in your Spring capsule wardrobe?
What do you think?