Fall is officially here, and I’m excited for it! This year, I’m building a capsule wardrobe for every season. I want a wardrobe full of essential basics, so I can easily create outfits each season. Fall fashion is one of my favorite seasonal styles, but one I don’t find easy to wear here in Belgium. The weather gets cold very soon into the season. That’s one of the reasons I really want to create a capsule wardrobe specific for fall, so I can enjoy it while I can. Do you want to update your wardrobe too? I’ve got you! Read on to discover my list of classic and timeless essentials you need in your fall capsule wardrobe.
💡 Tip: the first step in building a capsule wardrobe you’ll love is taking a good look at what you already own. Haven’t done that yet? Then jump on over to my blog post on how to do a closet detox. But don’t forget to come back to discover this season’s capsule wardrobe essentials.
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Essentials
Pumpkin spice, sweater weather, apple crisp and overall cozy vibes. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, and the fashion is too. I want to make the most of my fall clothes, so I need a fall capsule wardrobe! The weather in Belgium goes from summer to winter very fast. If I want to wear more fall clothes, I have to be thoughtful about it, and that’s one of the best things about a capsule wardrobe! You have a curated collection of clothes to pick from that perfectly fit the season. Ready to add some fall vibes to your wardrobe? Continue reading!
💡 Do you already have a capsule wardrobe for another season? Then, first see if there are items you can reuse in your fall capsule wardrobe. A pair of white sneakers or a basic white t-shirt are capsule wardrobe essentials no matter what the season is.
Coats & Blazers
I’m a coat girlie. I love them and always find new ones I just need in my life. A classic for fall is a trench coat. I just love the look of a classic trench coat in a beautiful beige color. I haven’t found the perfect one yet, but I’m eyeing the And Other Stories one and need to go and try it on soon so I can add it to my fall capsule wardrobe.
- Relaxed Mid-Length Beige Trench Coat by And Other Stories
- Brown Doube-Breasted Blazer by H&M
- Beige Oversized Wool Blazer by And Other Stories
- Black Oversized Leather Jacket by Mango
Knitwear & Tops
Fall is all about layering. It’s can be chilly in the mornings, but midday it’s still warm. So layers are essential to being prepared for all the weather changes. And that’s why I love good basic tops that can be worn on their own and can also be layered underneath knitwear and blazers.
- Black Long-Sleeve Body by Zara
- The Clean Cut T-Shirt by COS
- Striped Cotton T-shirt by Mango
- Grey Merino Wool-Blend Short-Sleeve Sweater by Abercrombie
- Off White Cable-Knit Wool Jumper by Arket
Trousers & Skirts
There are so many options trouser- and skirtwise for fall. But we’re building a capsule wardrobe, so I kept it to the essentials. I wear pants more often than skirts, so I included three different trouser options and two skirt options. This way, you can easily mix and match according to the weather and occasion.
- Dark Blue High Waist Marine Straight Jeans by Zara
- Black Curve Love High Rise 90s Relaxed Jeans by Abercrombie
- Dark Blue Maxi Denim Skirt by Mango
- Pinstripe Sloane Tailored Pants by Abercrombie
- Brown A-Line Mini Skirt by And Other Stories
I love a good pair of shoes. Just like picking the right accessories, choosing a pair of shoes can make or break your outfit. I immediately had a lot of different ideas when I started brainstorming shoes to add to my fall capsule wardrobe. I love shoes, so I feel like you can never have too many. Narrowing it down to the essentials—the classic pairs you can wear year after year—wasn’t easy. But I did it! Below you’ll find 5 pairs that, to me, are fall essentials.
- Cali Dream White Leather Sneakers by Puma
- Black New-Aladin Knee High Boots by Bronx Shoes
- Brown Heeled Leather Chelsea Boots by And Other Stories
- Black Rosario Ballet Flats by Pretty Ballerinas
- Patent Black Paule Babies by Sézane
And last, but definitely not least, are the accessories! I love accessories. They just make your outfit that much better. And for fall, there are some good options to choose from. I already own a beige Le Pliage bag. It’s the perfect everyday bag, so of course I need one in a fall color like the navy one below.
- Black Glossed-Leather Shoulder Bag by And Other Stories
- Navy Le Pliage Original by Longchamp
- Golden Earring Hoop by I.Ma.Gi.n. Jewels
- Black Angular Cat Eye Sunglasses by And Other Stories
- Beige Drop Shape Hair Claw by NA-KD
- Brown Croco Leather Belt by And Other Stories
How to wear this Fall capsule wardrobe?
Okay, you have the essentials; now you only need to style them. And that’s the easiest thing about a capsule wardrobe. All the items are easy to mix and match with each other. Need some inspiration? I made four beautiful outfits with the pieces from this fall capsule wardrobe.